Cartoon Network

07 December 2015

Re: [DIY] Recirculating hot water system & other [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com included below]

I originally wanted a tankless system, but for reasons I don't remember right now we were advised against it.  We have hard water, are all electric other than a small propane tank for the gas logs.  This wasn't intended to be a permanent residence, they were only here occasionally and not during the winter.  There was water run only to the 2nd floor kitchenette - and plumbing only for the sink.  The floor of the barn is 6" concrete with 18" perimeter.  The gas line is on one side - water/electric all on the other side.  There is only one bathroom, a very large, very nice one - on the bottom floor - off the foyer to the upstairs.  Don't mind showering downstairs, but wanted a small half bath upstairs.  I assume there is no lack of work in MO, the contractor we hired to do the work got a new water heater in and the W/D in, but then had to go finish another job.   No one else had the time and told me it couldn't be done without jackhammering up all that concrete-expensive and I don't think they wanted to begin it. My Dad was a contractor, built all our homes, and I knew there was usually a way to do something if you wanted it bad enough.  I'm to blame for agreeing to have the WD installed at the front of the barn, but after a few weeks, it's as bad as I expected it would be.  


I hear good and bad about macerating systems but it seemed to be a solution to what I want here.  Will handle the upstairs half bath & take in the new washer/dryer in my "laundry room" which actually is right underneath - to a "pit" back under the stairs, then be pumped up and over the barn area following beams that are already there, then down and out to the septic.  They are also doing all the other work, i.e., running water to the half bath.  Pipes freezing are a problem and they had several ideas including an expanding pipe, expensive but won't freeze.  I was the one who brought up the problem of hot water and they again offered a couple of ideas.  I don't know that and of this is the best solution and in retrospect, there might be cheaper ways, but they were the only ones who actually listened to what I wanted, looked at the problem, and offered solutions. 

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment