Cartoon Network

26 January 2013

Re: [DIY] Light Bulb Socket

 

I've always wanted to live dangerously and I've been doing it for years :)  I do have the new lights in my workroom -  guess they're LED, not sure  - but still need additional lighting when I'm working since there is only one 60w ceiling light.  I put the new sunshine floodlights in the kitchen a couple of years ago but last time I went to Lowes to buy them they were discontinued - he said they didn't sell enough of them.  DH bought Reveal the last time and they're nice but not bright enough.  We've compensated in the LR by adding torche lights in the corners - but it always feels gloomy since it faces north.  We anticipated living here for just a year or so, and have been here 8 years due to the housing decline.  I've never lived in any house that has so little natural light but moving is probably not an option anymore and the cost to install new lighting is just more than we want to spend.  I end up bringing things into the kitchen and working on the island right under several floodlights -- I'd love to have that in my workroom - but the next owner probably wouldn't appreciate it :)I've not had any problems so far with the lights or vaseline so will just keep my fingers crossed :)  Would love to have my old contractor back who would come work on projects when he had some slow days or the weather was bad.


Each time I go to Florida I think about moving there -- fabulous light!!

On Jan 25, 2013, at 8:06 AM, Dale S wrote:

 

You are living dangerous girl.  I've seen several fires that were cause from wiring that had been baked, and have even seen the ceiling joist chard just from the heat of the bulbs being used.
Dale in the Flatlands.
Jan Flood wrote:
 I assume my problem is that I use lights with a higher wattage than is recommended - can't abide a dark room.



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (19)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment