Cartoon Network

27 January 2013

RE: [DIY] Lights

 

Something I have not seen mentioned is whether a bulb is suitable for fan service.  As I understand it, a ceiling fan has a certain level of vibration that is detrimental to bulb life.  There was a time when you had to buy a bulb that was rated for ceiling fan service.   I am pretty sure this is valid for incandescent bulbs and does not apply to LED bulbs.  CFL are confusing.   I do see CFL bulbs that state they can be used in fans.

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dale S
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:08 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DIY] Lights

 

 

One thing we have noticed about CFL's is that they do not last well in fixtures that trap heat.

Dale in the Flatlands.

Lee M-S wrote:

 

My living room has four potlights, plus a 4-bulb light kit on the ceiling
fan--too many lights, actually. Maybe you should say *many* living rooms
don't have ceiling lights.
Laren Corie wrote,
>living rooms do not have ceiling lights for general lighting

I haven't had much luck with CFLs. The first I tried mixed with
incandescents in a multi-bulb fixture. The CFLs died before the
incandecents, which were a couple of years old when I put in the
CFLs. Later, I read that you shouldn't mix them, maybe that was the
problem. But I moved here 7 years ago, and use only CFLs bought since
then. SEVERAL have died in that time. A few have developed an annoying
buzz, others just died completely. The air (and soil and water) are very
acidic, maybe that's the problem (I live on an active volcano). At least
I'm not paying $6 each like the first batch.
Lee M-S

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment