Cartoon Network

26 January 2013

Re: [DIY] What's Inside an LED Lamp

 

I was about to invest in 60w equiv led bulbs for our bathroom. I saw some new cfl bulbs at HD - 60w eq, daylight (5000 deg K color) and 4 bulbs for 5.97. Life is claimed to be 10000 hrs and they are instant on. I bought 8 and took my $15 LED bulbs back. I am thrilled with these new cfl bulbs. A lot of other people are, too. HD sold out in 2 days. 

On Jan 25, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net> wrote:

 

I thought some of you might be interested to know what is inside one of those $20.00 LED flood lights, and fortunately a fellow I found by Googling (Whats inside LED) has provided these photos and his brief explanation.  Perhaps one of these days when I feel like blowing a 20 dollar bill I'll cut into one and take some voltage and signal measurements to determine exactly what is going on, especially if they prove to keep the flying bugs at bay this summer.  Here is the link if you want to read what he has to say and look at the other photos he has provided.
 http://www.edn.com/design/other/4312151/Tear-down-inside-a-7W-LED-light-bulb



<LED_Guts_One.png>

<LED_Guts_Two.png>

--
Dale in the Flatlands.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment