Cartoon Network

01 April 2013

[DIY] 3 way switch question

 

Hi all,

I'm finishing off my basement and I'm working with some existing wiring in the staircase coming down into the basement. I had to re-do most of the basic basement lighting to get it up into the joists, and because of that had to cut the electrical that gave the staircase lighting. A year later, I'm back to that section. :)

Here's the setup-- it appears to be a 3-way switch setup with the fixtures in the middle. The switch at the top of the stairs has only a 14-3 wire in the box and has not been touched. At the bottom of the stairs--other switch location-- there's a 14-2 labeled "stairs", the other end of the 14-3, and the new 14-2 I ran from the new subpanel to serve as the power. In my wiring book, though, there's not a place for the 14-2 labeled "stairs". I'm assuming this is what the two fixtures are daisy chained together with....but I'm not sure how to add it into the mix. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Shane

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment