Cartoon Network

15 July 2013

[DIY] A/C Leaking

 

I did have a repair guy over the following day. He replaced the hose and cleaned the outside unit which hadn't been done in any years. My husband used to check all that stuff.

Repair guy said it might have been a clogged hose or a rusting pan, don't remember what he called it but it was about chest high inside the metal furnace part. Maybe a drip or condenser pan? If it rusts thru completely I think it's time for a new unit. You could see rust in the clear drain line I replaced a year or two ago. He said the shortest route to the floor drain was he best and he found a place where something was sitting on the tubing. So don't know exactly what the cause was but he told me to start saving my pennies and think about replacing my furnace and a/c in the future.

It cooled off a bit after that so I had the air off. Back on yesterday and so far no water!

Lesson learned...go into basement and look around even if I have no laundry to do!

Nancy

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment