Cartoon Network

16 July 2013

[DIY] Repair After A/C Leak

 

My basement carpet is still folded over after drying it out and peeling out the pad. The tackstrip for maybe fifteen feet got wet as well as the linoleum under that. But that floor has been down solidly since before we bought the house in 1971. A few feet of white painted molding and one part of door molding got wet, maybe an inch or two up. My son suggested spraying the tackstrip with a bleach solution.

Do you have any suggestions on a bleach solution to use? I do have a sprayer. It would be easy to do the strip but do I need to worry about the moldings? I know I'm not talking about the drywall behind the molding. So far I can see no damage to it without ripping the moldings off. The water that got to everything was just a slow drip from the a/c, not a flood.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Nancy

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment