Cartoon Network

23 July 2013

[DIY] Curtain Rod Detaching from Ceiling

 

My condo has a curtain rod along the ceiling, which is concrete covered with plaster(?). About every two feet there is a "foot" that attaches to the ceiling. The rod is about 1/4" below the ceiling, and is a channel with sliding metal loops to which a curtain can be attached. The whole thing is 17.5 feet long. (I tried to find a picture on line but can't.)

One "foot" (about 2 feet from one end) has come loose from the ceiling and is sagging about 1/2 inch. I have tried twice to reattach it, once mechanically and once with glue (using a vertical tension rod as a brace). Each repair has lasted a year or two but the second one just failed. I'm afraid the whole assemblage will come down.

I think there are anchors(?) going up into the ceiling from the feet, but of course I can't see them. I couldn't put a new anchor into the ceiling above this foot without taking the whole thing down, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Possibly I could drill into the ceiling in front of the foot, and install some sort of new anchor. Or maybe use some material just thick enough to fit above the rod, if there is a type of glue that would hold.

Clearly I'm stymied. Suggestions appreciated. adTHANKSvance!

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment