Cartoon Network

19 July 2013

Re: [DIY] Trimmer - 2 cycle - not priming properly

 

something that may work is a fuel additive called "Start Your Engine".  It's a small engine carb cleaner that really works *very* well.
 
I had a similar problem with my lawn mower and I put half a bottle in, ran the mower for about minute and then let it sit for 20 minutes.  Before the additive, it would stall out whenever it hit heavy grass but after I put the additive in,
it ran on the first pull and I've never had a problem since.
 
It's made by the same company that makes Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer.
 
Random internet reviews rave about it.  However, do NOT use it in cars.  It's apparently too strong and can cause
the engine to (as reviewers describe) "blow up".  LOL
 
You can buy it at local auto stores for about $8.  I found it in the small motor section where they sell the two
cycle oil.
 
For eight bucks, it's worth a try.
 
-aki
 
 
On Jul 17, 2013 10:24 PM, "subprong" <subprong@gmail.com> wrote:
 

lol, thanks.  I use regular gas and mix it will oil. 


On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Lee M-S <steiconi@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Do you use ethanol-free gas?  Regular gas can damage small engines.  That exhausts my knowledge of this subject...



At 04:03 PM 7/17/2013, you wrote:
 

Craftsman Trimmer (I can give model number if necessary).  Going on 8-10 years.  Stopped working recently. 

It felt like it wasn't priming properly and therefore I figured it was a cracked line again (as I've changed them out a couple of times).  I checked the lines and everything seemed fine as it should since I just changed them out last year.  I figured it could be the primer bulb.  So I went ahead and changed out the bulb and once again switched out all of the lines.  I did NOT change out the fuel filter that attaches to the line. 

It still barely flushes the gas to the carb.  Doesn't want to start at all.  Doesn't even sound like it's going to try.  After priming I've noticed bubbles fizzling in the primer bulb.  I cannot figure out what the problem is. 

Any ideas on why there is bad circulation throughout the lines?


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment