Cartoon Network

30 July 2013

[DIY] walk in garage door

 

I am reframing a gable end wall on my garage and want to install a 32 inch walk in door. The wall was not done very well, and there are some other issues with it, so I am removing it completely, and adding a 32 inch walk in door and a 10 foot garage door. When it comes to installing the walk in door, are there any specific things I need to take in to consideration? I have installed doors before, but they have been interior doors, or regular entry doors in to the house. Does the door normally sit on top of the bottom plate, or is the bottom plate cut out and the door set on the concrete. Is a different threshold used when it is for a garage walk in door? The thresholds on my house doors would have about a 1 and 1/2 inch step up from the inside if I did not have flooring materials down. or do big box stores sell walk in doors designed for garage use. I guess I have not walked through very many garage walk in doors to notice how they are done.
 
yes, I am more capable then this question would make me look.
 
Thanks,
Michael

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment