Cartoon Network

17 July 2013

RE: [DIY] Garage Door Opener

 

Lube the track and the wheels, if you feel better about it they do sell garage door track lube at the big box stores

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Frank Ruggiero
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:01 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Garage Door Opener

 



Hi Experts.

 

I have a garage door issue. The garage door opener will open the garage door. But when it tries to close it, it pushes it about 2 feet and then pulls it back to the open position.

 

I did check the sensor. I know nothing is blocking it, because the sensor's green light is on. I know when something blocks it, the green light goes off.

 

So I disconnected the opener in the open position, and manually pushed the door down. It felt kind of difficult to push it along.

 

I am wondering if, in this case, the track would need to be lubricated, or the wheels on the door need to be lubricated?

 

If so, what would I use and how would I apply it?

 

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

 

Frank

 




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment