Cartoon Network

10 July 2013

Re: [DIY] A/C Leaking

 

Sou8nds like you have a leaky water pipe. Call a plumber.


KrazyKyngeKorny (Krazy, not stupid)




On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM, nan8136 <nanmaas@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 

My furnace and a/c are probably over 20 years old. House is a three bedroom ranch, not huge. Today I noticed the basement carpet was wet. The rug has been pulled up and the padding thrown out. It was the foam type and saturated. The affected area is maybe 10' square total, but not square of course. It is around a corner behind which the furnace and a/c sit in the unfinished basement. I just found the problem about two hours ago. My son was here and pulled the carpet up.

Now two hours later I can see a few steams of water coming under or through the drywall and baseboard. Furnace repair guy is to come tomorrow. The a/c is running and keeping me cool so I don't know why/where it's leaking.

I'm widowed and don't want to be ripped off. But since the units are so old do you think it's time for replacement? Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

I have fans blowing over the rolled up two year old carpet. I will have it relaid with new padding later. We've lived here for 40+ years and have never had a water problem till now with my rather new carpet. I suppose I should have the carpet cleaned when it's back in place.

Nancy


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment