Cartoon Network

07 August 2013

Re: [DIY] Exhaust Fan in one of my bathrooms

 

I'm not familiar with an exhaust fan that you can just replace the motor.  I assume this isn't your standard, square
exhaust fan setup mounted in the ceiling of most bathrooms?
 
From how you tested the voltage, it sounds like a fan that uses a regular 120v two prong power plug?  Maybe a picture of what you have may be of help.  It sounds like a transformer or circuit board may have failed.
 
-aki
 


On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 9:12 PM, Anna Fischer <an1mal_l0ver@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

Hello everyone,
I need some serious advice. My exhaust fan in one of my full bathrooms has stopped working months ago. 1st time I attempted to get it to work, I bought a motor at Lowe's and after I replaced it, it made a little noise but no movement. After 1 min. there was no sound or movement. I thought that may be the motor was defected, so I went back to exchange it. When I got a new one, I had it tested at Lowe's and it worked just fine. When I replaced it at home, there was no sound or movement. I then took a small table lamp and connected it to the outlet that the motor was connected to and the lamp turned on and worked just fine. So I am so confused as to what is wrong here. If the electrical outlet was fine, after I plugged in and turned on my table lamp and the motor wasn't broken, since j had it tested at the store and saw it working. I was thinking of just replacing the entire exhaust fan unit, but I am worried that a working exhaust fan won't work in my house. Need help!!!

Thank you for your input,
Anna

Sent from my iPhone


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment