Cartoon Network

20 August 2013

Re: [DIY] Kitchen remodeling help

 

I just redid my counters with porcelain tile, and I love it. We used 12"
tiles, 1/8" gaps and filled with epoxy grout that doesn't stain (and have
already proved that). My dream counters would have been concrete with
multicolored recycled glass, but concrete has to be sealed and resealed on
a regular basis, and I didn't think we'd keep up with it.

You already have red (brick), green (cabinets), and gold (floors) in there,
so you'll need to pick a neutral color. White would reference the enamel
counter/cabinets contemporary with your retro green, but might be too
bright. Maybe ivory/cream/ecru/tan (but definitely NOT beige) to
coordinate with all your warm tones. Maybe do a backsplash that is mostly
light neutral but has splashes of your red, green, and gold. Or find a way
to incorporate wall paper or fabric with all your colors.

Oh, Home Depot has some green glass 2"x4" subway tiles that might look fab
with your cabinets. Well more likely tooooo much.

>>I have a 105 year old building that we are making a loft. I have red oak
>>floors and one of the walls are natural red brick walls the cabinates
>>will be a retro mint julip green destressed look. Now here is the
>>question: I don't have mony to burn. (who does these days) So other than
>>granite, what other types of counter tops are out there that won't put me
>>in the poor house. I am trying to stay away from laminate if possibble.
>>Plus this is a REALLY big kitchen.
>>Thanks for any Ideas that you might have.
>>Tammy Katz

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment