Cartoon Network

22 September 2013

[DIY] Craftsman Radial Arm:

 

I bought my first radial in 64 and it too was a Craftsman as is my present one.  Both were identical back when Sears still carried quality tools.  I have moved it several times and did away with the cabinet it came mounted on years ago.  Dis-assembly is not a big deal  I would however advise removing the shaft that cranks the head up and down as it is very easy to get it bent.  Once you remove the four bolts that holds the upright column and the knob off of the adjustment shaft the rest it pretty much straight forward, just make sure to lock the carriage or it can roll back and forth with abandon. 

Dale in the Flatlands. "Why waste time learning when ignorance is instantaneous."
Frank Ruggiero wrote:
Yes. It is a Craftsman. Everything on it is steel. It was purchased by my grandfather. When I was a child it seemed old over 40 years ago. So I believe it must be over 60 years old. My grandfather used it, my father used it and I have used it, now for 3 generations. 

I just wish I could get it to my house but it is beyond heavy. I probably need to disassemble it. 


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment