Cartoon Network

20 September 2013

Re: [DIY] Lawn mower starting

 

I have found that on most small engines one needs to use a higher octane gas because the ethanol invites water formation and ever since I went to a higher octane for all my small engines I have had no trouble.  Stay-Bil or other similar product also helps preserve the gas.
Ray

On 9/19/2013 4:40 PM, Jerry Hnidy wrote:
 
I have a craftsman that does not have a primer bulb.  It worked fine for a year then reached a point where it would only start with starting fluid.  I would start it and then tie the lever up so that the mower would not turn off when I had to empty the bag.  I did this for almost two years.  Then I ran out of the gas that I had been using for mowers and such and had to use some fresh gas.  Now the mower starts every time and I don't think that I hurt the engine with the starter fluid.  If I were you, I would try different gas before you do anything drastic.

Jerry's Laptop 
Woodhaven, Mi


On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:17 PM, <terry12572@earthlink.net> wrote:


I have a walk-behind lawnmower that won't start unless I spray a little starting fluid in the air intake.

I've read elsewhere on the web that doing this can harm a lawn mower's engine and would appreciate any thoughts about that claim.

Money is tight and I'd rather not take the mower to a repair ship, especially since it runs fine after I get it started with the starting fluid.

I've changed the air filter and spark plug but that doesn't help.  I don't feel capable of cleaning the carburetor.

The lawn mower is a Craftsman with a Honda engine..

Thanks,

Terry 



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment