Cartoon Network

12 September 2013

Re: [DIY] Flooring Question

 

I would say no,as the carpet pad would allow to much up and down movement and I believe would put undo stress on the locking joints of the laminate causing them to split and or brake off.hope this helps jeff



From: Frank Ruggiero <frankruggiero@me.com>
To: doit_yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:24 AM
Subject: [DIY] Flooring Question

I am attempting putdown a new bamboo floor. At the store, the salesperson sold us an Eco Silent Sound HD Underlayment, to put under the floor.

When I removed my preexisting carpet, I realized I had a carpet pad underneath the carpet that is in very good condition.

My question is, can I just leave that carpet pad there and put the new floor over it, or should I use the Silent Sound Underlayment.

The carpet pad should prevent noise. Does it act as a moisture barrier?

I am just thinking it would be nice to save $120, and lessen the work, if the carpet pad is going to do the same thing.

Thanks for your help.

Frank




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment