Cartoon Network

13 September 2013

[DIY] Re: Flooring Question

 

Not much of a DIY over here but... my husband tried this, last week. Laminat started breaking at some points. The carpet pad was not a good option. Now he installed a more ridged underlayment and we're good to go. Have fun laying your new floor, your house will ask for more LOL. We started with our master bedroom.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Frank Ruggiero <frankruggiero@...> wrote:
>
> I am attempting putdown a new bamboo floor. At the store, the salesperson sold us an Eco Silent Sound HD Underlayment, to put under the floor.
>
> When I removed my preexisting carpet, I realized I had a carpet pad underneath the carpet that is in very good condition.
>
> My question is, can I just leave that carpet pad there and put the new floor over it, or should I use the Silent Sound Underlayment.
>
> The carpet pad should prevent noise. Does it act as a moisture barrier?
>
> I am just thinking it would be nice to save $120, and lessen the work, if the carpet pad is going to do the same thing.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Frank
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment