Cartoon Network

04 September 2013

[DIY] Need quick answer on Track Lighting

 

Our new antique booth has an electrical outlet that serves 4 booths so is installed in the center corner at the top (in the back corner).  I need more light but don't want table lamps.  I think the answer is directional track lighting mounted behind the top 2x4 at the front of the booth where it won't be too noticeable.  I can run a cord around the booth on the top 2x4 to reach the outlet box. Here's my question…….since I won't be installing them to a regular ceiling mount  how are they connected?  We used to have long light boxes hanging in the garage that had an outlet at the end and you plugged in an extension cord.  Can you purchase track lights like this?  They will be left plugged in and turned on and off with the master switch each day.

 
I want them to be unobtrusive and come with a dimmer to provide soft lighting.  Flat back so it can be screwed into the 2x4.  At least 3, preferably 4 directional lights, no bare bulbs.

Lowes.com appears to have the best selection that I can get locally… today :)  But they are more expensive than I'd anticipated.  I'd really like to stay under $100 if possible.    Would sure appreciate getting some input on the best way to do this and/or different options.

Thanks!!  If I can buy them today I can get them installed tonight or tomorrow.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment