Cartoon Network

11 September 2013

Re: [DIY] RE: 1993 Ford F250 diesel_maybe off topic

 

What is good mileage?   I can't do better than 15 with a 2012 4.8L

Google Jers Tablet
Woodhaven, MI

On Sep 11, 2013 10:13 AM, <mountain953346@yahoo.com> wrote:


 Yes...probably one the ten thousand RV groups would be

able to better answer this question..I tow our 9,000 lb trailer

with a 5.7 l tundra with tow pack and beefty xmsns and rear end.


Rich and Ping



--- In doit_yourself@yahoogroups.com, <rnrushing@...> wrote:

Not really a DIY question more opinion from anyone that has had one.

I'm looking at a 1993 F250 Diesel to tow a 26 foot RV (dry weight
5,700). It is a 7.?L V8 diesel. I don't know what transmission or rear
end it has yet. I would think it would be more than adequate, but some
reviews indicated the pre '94 Ford Powerstroke want tow as well as a new
1/2 ton pickup. I live in S. Arkansas and want to be able to go up in
the Ozarks to camp.


I found out why my 1/2 ton(2010 Chev Crew Cab with 4.8L V8 and 3.08 rear
end) gets such good gas mileage it does not tow worth a d... Looked up
the rating, and it is only rated to tow 4,800. I never would have
thought a 1/2 ton pickup would not be rated to tow a small RV.

Thanks
Robert R.


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment