Cartoon Network

21 September 2013

Re: [DIY] Lawn mower starting

 

I've been using brake cleaner as a starter fluid, it was what I had. Starts up the lawnmower fast, like it was hot already. It always restarts when its hot. It helps my Harley start when it is having a hard time too. It never wants to start if I haven't ridden it for a extended time. Its the acetone in the fluids that is the active ingredient. Its majorly flammable.
I haven't seen that E10 gas out here in California yet. If there's ethanol in the gas, they say there may be some but don't specify how much. I've only seen an ethanol warning at one station around here and that was at a Shell station. I hear it wrecks gas system components if your car is an earlier model than it was designed for. But I haven't experienced that yet.
California has strict air quality laws. That may be why we haven't seen the ethanol mixes that other states are seeing here yet.
Steve

On 9/19/2013 3:17 PM, terry12572@earthlink.net wrote:
 
I have a walk-behind lawnmower that won't start unless I spray a little starting fluid in the air intake.

I've read elsewhere on the web that doing this can harm a lawn mower's engine and would appreciate any thoughts about that claim.

Money is tight and I'd rather not take the mower to a repair ship, especially since it runs fine after I get it started with the starting fluid.

I've changed the air filter and spark plug but that doesn't help.  I don't feel capable of cleaning the carburetor.

The lawn mower is a Craftsman with a Honda engine..

Thanks,

Terry 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (12)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment