Cartoon Network

08 April 2014

RE: [DIY] blown in insulation

 

If you are not in the north where it gets COLD, I don't think you need the closed cell spray foam.  I assume you're talking about the blue stuff you see on Holmes on Homes - I've been looking for that and can't find it except through a professional and I don't want to hire one.  And I don't want to use a couple hundred cans of expanding foam.  The roll out is easy.  I like the one that has no paper - because there is no ethylene (or whatever the stuff is) - but it's wide enough to fit snuggly between normal studs set 16" apart without nails.  And it's the cheapest one at Lowe's.  If you have a 12x10 shed it can be done in about 30 minutes; then you're set to put on the sheetrock.
 
No matter what you use, you will need a heater in the winter or it'll be just as cold as the outside.
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: mom2mini@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 13:53:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [DIY] blown in insulation

 
After spending the better part of the morning on U-tube demonstrations , I'm going to let someone else do the insulation and get the *closed cell* spray foam insulation ;  Home Depot most likely.
 It goes in after the windows and wiring which we will do,.. and before the sheet rock which we will also do.. That insulation procedure  looks to be a better job for the professionals.
carmen

~~~

On Apr 7, 2014, at 12:53 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

 

If you already have the inside of the walls done, blown in would be the way.  If the studs are showing, they the rolled would be the way I would go.  I've heard that the blown in will eventually compact and the tops of the walls will be uninsulated.  If you have a ceiling to insulate, the blown in would be definitely the quick and easy way to go.
 

To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
From: johnandcarmen@bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 08:24:47 -0400
Subject: [DIY] blown in insulation

 
In buying a shed to store and work with art material, I want to insulate it.
I think I want to insulate the walls with blown in insulation. Can I rent the blower and do this myself?
In reading up on insulation, this seems to be the most efficient versus the roll and staple type sold by the big box stores.
carmen

~~

Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment