Cartoon Network

23 April 2014

Re: [DIY] Re: 15 amp standalone power switch not working (fixed)

 

Hah, yes keep an eye on the ball.  But especially a lesson to always handle small things over a work surface (which I wasn't doing).

This switch was purchased a year or two ago.  It actually seems pretty sturdy but I imagine won't even come close to outlasting your 1969 switch.


On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Mountain Master <mountain953346@yahoo.com> wrote:
 

hmmm..guess that will tell you to keep your eye on....ahhhh..."the ball"!!

glad you got it fixed...I just realized I have similar switch on my Craftsman...
table saw..no ball bearing in that one..maybe a later model? Mine is circa 1969
passed on from my father...just has an hinge and lever setup to trigger the switch


 
____________________




Forever bonded We Band of Brothers
 
\

Ad Inexplorata; De oppresso liber


From: subprong <subprong@gmail.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:45 PM
Subject: [DIY] Re: 15 amp standalone power switch not working (fixed)

 
Well, it's fixed.  I opened it all up.  Didn't see anything broken.  There was a mixture of sawdust and grease gunked up all throughout.  Now, as I was pulling a piece out, a ball bearing came out.  I don't know if it was already out of place or if it came out when I pulled the piece out.  I cleaned everything up and put everything back together and it worked.  So, either the jolt from it falling over knocked out the ball bearing and messed with the switch lever or the jolt knocked some gunk in the wrong place.  Regardless it works fine now on a simple light test (haven't tried the table saw).

The true miracle of this investigation was actually finding the ball bearing that popped out, hit the floor and rolled about without me seeing it.


On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 1:46 AM, subprong <subprong@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi gang.  I have this switch....

http://www.rockler.com/safety-power-tool-switch

The other evening I accidentally knocked it to the ground.  I find out this evening that it no longer works.  I took the top cover off.  As far as I can tell the actual switching mechanism still works (didn't see any broken parts, just a lot of saw dust that I vacc'ed out) and the wires were still connected.  However there is another compartment under the cover which I haven't opened yet.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be.  Could it be a broken part or would the mere shock of the assembly hitting the ground somehow cause it to quit?

Thanks for any help.  I'll probably see if I can take it apart further this weekend (and get pics) as I don't really want to buy another if I don't have to.




__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment