Cartoon Network

26 April 2014

Re: [DIY] Re: Stained bathtub

 

Joyce, you're welcome. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Glad you have it already and don't have to shell out $$$$. Mine has been so useful, I actually stopped whining about the price and was glad to have it. ANYthing that saves backbreaking scrubbing, right...and that works! Carol
 
From: Joyce O
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:32 PM
Subject: Re: [DIY] Re: Stained bathtub
 
 

Thank you for your reply Carol.
Just yesterday my husband suggested the Ospho that we have in the shop. I just might have to try it :)
 




Joyce aka Mom aka Nana



On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Carol Griffin <ctg@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
 
Joyce
 
I have found that Lime-A-Way works pretty well, but for your longtime buildup you may need to go heavier duty.
 
I had rust spots on a metal outside door. The mgr at Sherwin Williams told me to prepare for painting using a product they carry called OSPHO by Skyco. It was pricey, but it's 32 oz and lasts and lasts for use elsewhere. I did balk at paying so much, but I still have half of it left and it has been worth every penny. Sorry I don't recall the price. You may find it cheaper online.
 
Getting calcium off the water line in my 3 toilets has been the bane of my existence...well, one of them anyway. I tried the phospho on them and my toilets gleamed like they've been to the dental hygienist
. Have also used on bathroom sinks and other rust spots here and there. It has cleaned the messy stuff off my shower doors and side glass.
 
As you might guess from the name, it is phosphoric acid. Sounds like this is the way to go for your longtime buildup. Then maybe you can keep it clean with regular cleaning using CLR or Lime-Away. I think you'll be amazed at how easy the job is when you use the Ospho. And you don't need to worry about using a thickener. Having just come back from an awful plumber bill after overloading my system, I'd be really careful about what goes down the drain.
 
Good luck and keep us posted.
Carol
 

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment