Cartoon Network

04 January 2016

Re: [DIY] Dishwasher not getting hot water/ DW solenoid Strainer?

 

I'm following this thread, as I am having a similar problem with my NEW dw.  It has worked fine for about a year, now, not so much.
Anyway, is the filter something I can get to from inside, or from under?
I guess I need to check the manual.  The manual also mentioned the water temp, but I haven't tested it yet.
I need to get to trouble shooting....
Judy


On Sunday, January 3, 2016 12:05 PM, "David Cox dcwired@att.net [DoIt_Yourself]" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
I feel for you, Jan. You checked around, was willing to pay premium to get it done right and all at once, then ...well, Murphy's Law. 

On 1/3/2016 10:55 AM, 'oakridgefarm@gmail.com' oakridgefarm@gmail.com [DoIt_Yourself] wrote:
 
OK, I did all the testing, timing, measuring, etc — and everything is correct according to the manual.  It fills fine, to the proper level, etc - but the only time the water gets above 80 degrees is during the rinse cycle when the Heated Dry is on.  Checking that will automatically raise the temp of the last rinse.  It does have the option of raising the temp and of a steam or sanitizing wash — all which will increase the time up to 1hour.  Every time I checked the faucet - 130, the dishwasher 80.  Something isn't right.  I know it was working at first - before the worked on the lines to repair the hot water recirculator, so I'm ready to have a plumbers head on a platter.  Waaay too much money to have problems like this.

Jan Flood

On Jan 2, 2016, at 11:36 PM, Terry THenne1713@aol.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Is there a chance that your DW is filling extremely slowly?  My thought is that the DW fill solenoid has an inlet filter screen to keep trash from getting in an keeping solenoid open, but if it is extremely stopped up, still passing water (but at a very low trickle), it might be slow enough to cool off?  If yours takes 5-10 minutes to fill when it should take 30-60 seconds, you might not notice if not paying attention?  (and fill valve is shut off w/ a float switch, not a timer, so it would not care how long it took to fill...
Justa thought...







__._,_.___

Posted by: Classic Girl <jdocrc@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment