Cartoon Network

08 January 2016

Re: [DIY] Dishwasher Question [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com included below]

Thanks Bob, I've read where some do this, but GE says not to with this new profile, that the compartment is specifically made for the pods.  Wouldn't hurt to try it once and see. That was where I noticed the change, the pods were not completely dissolving and leaving a residue in the compartment - as well as the bottom of the tub.


On Jan 7, 2016, at 3:59 PM, Bob Davis bob@wrobertdavis.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

If you use a dishsoap pod, instead of the powder, you can just toss it into the bottom of the washer and run it.  The pod dissolves slowly during the cycle to "dispense" properly. It also contains a rinse aid that dissolves last.  I had some work done on my dishwasher and the technician told me about this. He said the dispenser door mechanism is not designed to operate with pods and it releases too late, leaving undissolved soap in the pump and bottom of the washer which leads to problems over time.


I started using cascade complete actionpacs instead of powder and rinseaid.  My dishwasher performs the best it ever has and I don't see residual soap sludge like I used to.  My dishwasher is a 4 year old Kitchenaid.

Bob

On Jan 7, 2016, at 7:43 AM, Frank Ruggiero frankruggiero@me.com [DoIt_Yourself] <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I have a dishwasher thats about 13 years old. The dispenser (that you put the soap in) has stopped opening to release the soap during the wash cycle.

Is it possible to fid a replacement? Also, does anybody have a tip on how I can get it off?

Thanks in advance.

Frank






__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from oakridgefarm@gmail.com | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)


Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment