Cartoon Network

08 January 2016

Re: [DIY] DW vs Water Pressure

 

This reminded me, the plumber said the restrictor on the new shower head couldn't be removed but the on-line reviews all said it could. So went down and removed it myself and increased the water flow from 2.5 to over 3.5gpm.  Yea!  Took the screen off the bathroom faucet and I get almost 5gpm on the hot water.  Then since I might as well do a load of wash while I was down there, checked the warm water flow at the washer - wow, so I checked it again on just hot and get about 5gpm on hot water only.  So I ran - actually limped - down to the new laundry room to check the new washer — but it doesn't think I'm smart enough to be able to have the lid open while it's filling with water.  Once you start it the lid locks.  You can pause it and open the lid, but the water stops filling.  I'm not sure all these new safety and/or efficiency measures are a good thing.  Most anyone I know who washes for a family often needs to lift the lid to put something in or take something out at some point during the cycle.  It has a clear lid, but is tinted and has the delicate basket in the top so I guess the only way to know there is to listen and time how long it takes to fill.  I did learn not to try and do a real load of wash till I read the manual, LOL.  Note:  I had to order everything on-line and figured this would be the last WD I'd ever buy and there were a few features I really wanted.  A cheaper model might have worked as well, maybe better for our needs, but couldn't get the features I wanted.  So it was a give and take.


I asked the plumber to remove the restrictor on the kitchen faucet, and it appeared he did, but I'm going to double check it myself.

>>My first act on any faucet or shower head is to either remove or drill out out the restriction 

Flat_Land Dale 
 

Good idea Terry :)  I did that when it was first installed.



__._,_.___

Posted by: "oakridgefarm@gmail.com" <oakridgefarm@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment