Cartoon Network

27 October 2011

Re: [DIY] I need mesh tape help

 

I wouldn't use the mesh tape, I would use the standard dry wall tape and then use a 6 inch knife to cover and feather the area, But that's JMHO.

From: clean_boost <clean_boost@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:55 AM
Subject: [DIY] I need mesh tape help

 
Yeah, so I'm onto plugging up a hole that the handyman made yesterday kind of by accident. Here's what happened -- she was attempting to put up a wire utility type shelf on my freshly painted wall. :-( And the screw with the plug or whatever you call it did not entirely go in because I think there might have been a firewall behind the drywall, stopping the complete insertion of the plug. As a result, we decided it needs a shorter plug & screw. We think the drywall is 3/4", and something was behind that particular wall preventing the 2" plug and screw from going all the way in. Meantime, now there is a lovely 1/3" hole in the freshly painted wall. sob. my freshly painted wall. And so NOW I want to try to put up drywall mesh tape to spackle & paint over it. Question -- what is the technique for applying this tape? I bought the tape (yellow) and I want to know if I should dampen the spot on the wall before applying the tape, because I read something about dampening the wall before even putting spackling or mud on a spot. Thoughts?



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment