Cartoon Network

28 October 2011

Re: [DIY] I need mesh tape help

 

Well To me for a good feather finish, the mesh requires a larger feather area to insure the mesh doesn't show. But That's just me, I'm sure lots of people have used it and had good results.

From: Cindi Waters <clean_boost@yahoo.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] I need mesh tape help

 
The reasons I chose the mesh tape is (1) because of the internet instructions about plugging up holes, and (2) because the drywall tape was explained to me to be to tape up walls.

From: freespirt2050 gdb7edc <rich81850@yahoo.com>
To: "DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com" <DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY] I need mesh tape help

 
I wouldn't use the mesh tape, I would use the standard dry wall tape and then use a 6 inch knife to cover and feather the area, But that's JMHO.

From: clean_boost <clean_boost@yahoo.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:55 AM
Subject: [DIY] I need mesh tape help

 
Yeah, so I'm onto plugging up a hole that the handyman made yesterday kind of by accident. Here's what happened -- she was attempting to put up a wire utility type shelf on my freshly painted wall. :-( And the screw with the plug or whatever you call it did not entirely go in because I think there might have been a firewall behind the drywall, stopping the complete insertion of the plug. As a result, we decided it needs a shorter plug & screw. We think the drywall is 3/4", and something was behind that particular wall preventing the 2" plug and screw from going all the way in. Meantime, now there is a lovely 1/3" hole in the freshly painted wall. sob. my freshly painted wall. And so NOW I want to try to put up drywall mesh tape to spackle & paint over it. Question -- what is the technique for applying this tape? I bought the tape (yellow) and I want to know if I should dampen the spot on the wall before applying the tape, because I read something about dampening the wall before even putting spackling or mud on a spot. Thoughts?







__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment