Cartoon Network

29 October 2011

Re: [DIY] rehab house photo album update

 

Thanks for the run-down, I've enjoyed following your progress.  I can sure understand how is can be a big playtoy -- as they say, the only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys??  I think it's wonderful it's right next door and you have the ability to take your time, it should be a beautiful home when you're done and heck, in five years we may see the RE market improve :)  You live in a beautiful area of the country, we did a trip to Niagra Falls a few years ago and then zig-zagged all through that area and New England coming home.  Was a long trip but saw some beautiful places and fell in love with Vermont.


On Oct 27, 2011, at 4:52 PM, sandaidh wrote:

 

From: "Jan Flood"
>I didn't realize the full scope of the work, what an undertaking. I
>remember when you were thinking about it but forget your plans. Will you
>sell it or live in it?
------------------

Full scope...er...whole house rehab. Lots and lots of work to correct
decades of neglect. Sell, rent, or live in? I have no idea at the moment.
Strange as it may sound, this is one big "playtoy," for me. I've said
before, I can think of lots worse things to do with my time and money. It's
a learning process as well; a chance to challenge myself to learn, and do,
things I never thought I could do.

-------------------
>Where is the house located and how old is it?
-------------------

It's in Western NY state, not too far from the PA border. Age...the title
search went back to 1945, but I know it's older than that. I would guess
about the same as the house I live in (right next door), which would be
about 1900. It definately shows architecture and design elements of the
Craftsman period, which lasted (I think) until around 1920.
---------------------------

>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment