Cartoon Network

31 October 2011

RE: [DIY] Wall Damage - Photo

 

Does not appear to be dry wall, it looks to be plaster

ck

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of subprong
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 5:33 PM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DIY] Wall Damage - Photo

 



Thanks, Jeffrey.  That would not surprise me.

I can tear into it but not exactly sure what I'm looking for.

Any thoughts on if that's drywall or not.  Seems rather thin.  It's an older house.  Not sure if different material was used back in the day.

I'll probably tear off a chunk and take it into a home store but would like some guesses in the meantime so that I can research it online before hand.  Thanks.


On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 5:31 PM, JEFFREY WILLIAMS <livhosaere62@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

The photo, looks to me not water damage but because of the wafer look carpenter ants at least or termites.tear into it for the inside to find out.

 

From: subprong <subprong@gmail.com>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2011 2:53 PM
Subject: [DIY] Wall Damage - Photo

 

 

I need to fix this wall damage.  It sits underneath a window sill (the window that I replaced was rotted) and the entire section is probably about 1' x 3'.  I've checked out several videos on fixing holes in walls. I expected to find a couple of studs with an empty pocket.  Instead it looks like this is one wide piece of horizontal (rotted) wood.  

 

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DoIt_Yourself/photos/album/283632268/pic/1314296315/view

 

My first question is what is the substance on the wall.  Is that drywall?  Seems rather thin.

Should it be patched or replaced?

 

Any additional information or tips would be appreciated.  

 

Thanks.

 

 




__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment