Cartoon Network

27 December 2012

Re: [DIY] RE: Dremel tool

 

My husband got me a Dremel years ago and I use it for a multitude of craft things I do.  It has also been the tool of choice when a bird leg band has to be removed because of accident.

Quite a 2-man chore and a complicated removal.
carmen
~~~
On Dec 26, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Dale S wrote:

 

If I had it to do over I would have spent the extra $20 or so and have gotten the Rockwell as well for just the reason you mention.  My Porter Cable is the older model that uses a screw to attach the blades, they too have now gone to the popular quick release, or at least that is what it looks like in the pictures I've seen.  When the metal cutting blades get dull he can use a small cutoff wheel in his Dremel tool and cut new teeth and Wa-La he now has a free wood cutting blade.  If he doesn't have a Dremel you now have the first item on your next shopping list. :-)  Sounds like you didn't do too bad yourself.

Dale in the Flatlands.
carmen s. wrote:

Dale, I gave my husband the Rockwell 72 piece osculating tool with all the fun goodies for the different jobs and he was impressed with the easy load of the attachments and feels he will have many reasons to put this to use. I do love things that come with their own case.


I got a Portor Cable multi-tool kit with battery tools : a sawzal, a skill saw, and a drill, - 2 batteries and a charger-  all not terribly heavy,  and all in one big tool bag. A wonderful kit and I already used the sawzal on some  *beyond-lopper-size*  privet that tries to take over areas here.  It will also help in my bamboo harvesting.  I love being able to do things for myself.
carmen



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment