Cartoon Network

01 December 2012

[DIY] need help understanding space heater output...

 

Woot had one of these wall-panel heaters, and I thought it would fit
perfectly in the place I've been using an oil-filled radiator heater
in the winter (those are just the best!).

It never occurred to me that it could be made of PARTICLE BOARD. I
still don't know if it's the p. bd. stinking, or the packaging that
stinks of so many toxic synthetics, but even besides that, I can't
figure how much heat it will actually put out.

I suppose it's not as simple as looking at the watts ?? The radiators
use 1500 watts, and that's usually enough to heat the whole house here
in central TX. This wall heater uses 400 watts.

Does that mean it puts out less than a third the heat of the radiator?

thanks
Joy

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment