Cartoon Network

01 December 2012

[DIY] Re: need help understanding space heater output...

 

You got my curiosity up. What wall heater are you referring to?

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Joy Rex <jomarex@...> wrote:
>
> Woot had one of these wall-panel heaters, and I thought it would fit
> perfectly in the place I've been using an oil-filled radiator heater
> in the winter (those are just the best!).
>
> It never occurred to me that it could be made of PARTICLE BOARD. I
> still don't know if it's the p. bd. stinking, or the packaging that
> stinks of so many toxic synthetics, but even besides that, I can't
> figure how much heat it will actually put out.
>
> I suppose it's not as simple as looking at the watts ?? The radiators
> use 1500 watts, and that's usually enough to heat the whole house here
> in central TX. This wall heater uses 400 watts.
>
> Does that mean it puts out less than a third the heat of the radiator?
>
> thanks
> Joy
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment