Cartoon Network

02 December 2012

[DIY] Re: need help understanding space heater output...

 

Econo-Heat wall panel heater. Apparently, it's a piece of 2'x 2' particle board (or some kind of relatively-soft, easily-damaged material) embedded with heating wires.

Really neat idea -- has narrow spacers on the back, you mount it to the wall, plug it in (110v). Even paint it.

I thought about putting it in the bedroom, but I belatedly thought about what it's made from and what toxins might be outgassing all night. Plus, I probably don't need a separate heater in the bedroom.

Joy

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "wired" <wiredformen@...> wrote:
>
> You got my curiosity up. What wall heater are you referring to?
>
>
> --- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Joy Rex <jomarex@> wrote:
> >
> > Woot had one of these wall-panel heaters, and I thought it would fit
> > perfectly in the place I've been using an oil-filled radiator heater
> > in the winter (those are just the best!).
> >
> > It never occurred to me that it could be made of PARTICLE BOARD. I
> > still don't know if it's the p. bd. stinking, or the packaging that
> > stinks of so many toxic synthetics, but even besides that, I can't
> > figure how much heat it will actually put out.
> >
> > I suppose it's not as simple as looking at the watts ?? The radiators
> > use 1500 watts, and that's usually enough to heat the whole house here
> > in central TX. This wall heater uses 400 watts.
> >
> > Does that mean it puts out less than a third the heat of the radiator?
> >
> > thanks
> > Joy
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment