Cartoon Network

03 December 2012

[DIY] Re: Now about space heaters

 

hi. it wasn't about cancer, it was about the heat on the body like that, but i will definitely think about it thanks.

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Lee Griffith <ldgriff2001@...> wrote:
>
> There is a lot of nonsense on the web about a lot of things. Cancer being caused by electric blankets is one of those nonsense things. Women were worried about them creating breast cancer. This has been debunked. http://www.webmd.com/breast-cancer/news/20001110/turn-up-heat-on-your-electric-blanket
>
> There is a small risk of burns but other than that, I say have no fear.
>
> Lee
> (Retired Surgeon/Biomedical Engineer/Electrical Engineer)
>
> On Dec 2, 2012, at 6:59 PM, cleanboost2 <cleanboost2@...> wrote:
>
> > I bought one of those oil filled radiator looking things on wheels, but after being warned I might set a fire, I got scared. so I have not taken it out of the box. The electric blanket is beginning to sound good, but I've been reluctant to buy one because I heard it was not good for your body. Now if someone could convince me that may not be true, I might reconsider.
> >
> > --- In DIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, OOWO o NBS@ wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > >Posted by: cleanboost2
> > > >Hi. I need a room heater, but don't know what to get, since we live in a
> > > trailer, and I want to keep electric bills down. Suggestions anyone?
> > >
> > > There are 3 I like:
> > > 1 - Looks like an old steam heater. Available in many sizes & watts.
> > > Gentle heat. Can lay a sweater on it. Is on wheels.
> > > 2- Modern elec upright radiant w/fans. better ones oscillate like a fan,
> > > AND have timers, settings, etc.
> > > 3- New on the market & harder to find... Like an elec blanket (proven
> > > the most eff¢ient way to keep warm,) but are made for under rugs.
> > >
> > > ALL elec heaters are 100% efficient. Some are radiant (all are,
> > > technically,) in that they direct heat well. Best thing I found in my
> > > house was wall insulation. Previously, head-height was stifling
> > > but knees & below, froze.
> > >
> > > I often sit with a heating pad on my lap or under my feet at night.
> > > 17W when it's on. These often cycle on & off. New ones have a
> > > timer. Allow moist heat for injuries, and can buy you time while
> > > you shop for another.
> > >
> > > Avoid kerosine & propane etc. They use what you breathe.
> > > Were popular for ~1-2 years, until all the illnesses & fire reports rolled in.
> > >
> > > 20Ax120V=2400watt or 2.4 Kw. Many heaters are 1000 or 1500.
> > > I used to like $20-30 "milkroom heaters." They have 2 heat levels,
> > > a 2 spd fan, and we among the first to turn off if a cow kicked them
> > > over. Also, did not get really hot... fewer fires. Among your
> > > cheapest solutions. One that oscillates however will warm the
> > > legs of two, watching the boob tube. Least are a few heating pads
> > > where you sit, and a vest. Do you knit? Action keeps you warm.
> > > ;>)
> > > BillSF9c
> > >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (31)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment