Cartoon Network

11 December 2012

[DIY] Re: Water in Floor Drain Basement

 

don't drink the water, all nutrients have probably been soaked out of it.
i would have someone run a cleanout wire thru the drain from that spot out to where ever. you can do it if you want to put up with the hassle and mess; rental's are the easy way to go to save haveing to buy something you seldom need.
something is clogged somewhere. with the drought we've all had, any line containing moisture/water is getting attacked with roots. doesn't take much of a crack to let them in and then (*^#$#&%.

darrell

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, Jeanne Johnson <jjohnson@...> wrote:
>
> Hi:
>
> This may be one of the dumbest questions ever asked on this list,
> however, I hope someone can enlighten me as to what might cause
> this. First off, let me
> say I could not do the repairs myself if that is what ia needed but I
> would love people with your expertise to maybe tell me what needs to be done.
>
> I never look at this drain but for some reason I took off the little
> drain cover and looked inside. It was full. My sump pump is
> completely dry as we have had a drought
> for the last several months.
>
> The drain in my basement floor is filled with water up to the level
> of the floor. The water is clear and completely odorless.
>
> I have used a cup to empty some of it out so that it goes down about
> an inch from the top. It did fill up overnite again to the top.
>
> I have flushed toilets, ran water through sinks and it does not cause
> it to rise. The washer is in the basement and I washed 2 loads to see
> if that was it and it did rise a little
> but not sure if that was just a coincidence as that water should be
> going out through the main sewer pipe along with all the other water.
>
> I am sort of worried but I worry about everything. Should I be?
>
> Jeanne
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment