Cartoon Network

07 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Concrete blocks

 

Tori <fertilegrnd@...>  > I dont know if there are more job related terms for this, but the foundation   in my garage has the cinder blocks holes facing up and going down 4 feet. I   heard I can fill with sand. But I would need to buy atleast 10 bags at 3$ a   piece. Is it possible o fill these holes partially with rock and then sand to   save on price, I have rock from landscaping. DH says the sand will still fall, I   say it cant settle anymore than the space of the rocks.

Sand can wick moisture, under some circumstances.
An air void can be better than this. Sand also conducts
heat. How about packing peanuts? Certain cement work
has used them.
Not that you need to add cement,
except to cap it. Add slowly so they do fall to the bottom.
Off hand, I'd say this is a small wall if it is 4 ft tall and
10 bags will fill it.


BillSF9c

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment