Cartoon Network

18 December 2012

Re: [DIY] FYI --- Lumens:

 

Something to keep in mind is that the number of LEDs, say in a flashlight,
has nothing to do with how many lumens said flashlight has. I have one of
those $9.99 flashlights which boasts of having 9 LEDs. The light it puts
out is good for about 4 or 5 ft; after that you can forget seeing anything.
I keep it in the truck for those times I have to watch my footing in the
dark, but that's all. The more lumens, the more light, and accordingly more
expense.

That said, two street light bulbs on my street have been replaced with LEDs.
Boy, are they bright; and it's a white light, not the soft orange of the
rest of the street lights. The "bulbs" have 8 LEDs, two rows of four. I'm
betting they're pretty expensive, as the city is only replacing burned out
street lights and not all of them. This is the first time I've seen them
(LEDs) in street lights.

Sandaidh
sandaidh@atlanticbb.net

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (20)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment