Cartoon Network

21 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Indoor Statue Repair

 

The Krylon Make it Stone paint has black flecks, I've used it for "sand" on beach collages, to texture handmade paper as well as plastic planters in the yard - good stuff!   http://www.krylon.com/products/make_it_stone_textured_paints/  If it's shallow enough you might get by with just stippling the stone paint or masking the area and spraying.  The charcol  sand is pretty, but probably too tan....the black granite too dark but maybe a mix of the two would be Just Right :)


Krylon is sold at WalMart, big box stores and most hardware stores - you can get any of the products I mentioned at art supply or crafts/hobby stores.  I'm not familiar with the area where you live but look for a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Hancocks, JoAnns....art supply stores etc. You can check on-line for locations.  I've done a lot of work with plaster, a very interesting product. I've mixed grout with acrylic paints instead of water and use sheetrock mud to put an old-world texture on projects...you probably have some in the garage.  I'm sure you could make any of these products work.




On Dec 20, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Aki wrote:

 

thanks Jan!  I apologize if I wasn't clear...it's *not* concrete.  It's some type of resin. The inside of the statue (in the photo it the white part), looks like some type of hardened

foam and just the "shell" is actually resin.  This "shell" is, and the photo doesn't show it well, a grainy gray with black flecks.  I think getting the black flecks may be the hardest

part of color matching.  If I can keep the area that's being patched small enough, it may fool the eye and not even be noticeable that there's no black flecks for a couple of inch

area that's being patched.

 

Any recommendations where I might be able to get any of these products except on line?

 

-aki

 

 

 


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (8)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment