Cartoon Network

19 December 2012

Re: [DIY] RE: hypertufa planters

 

Thanks Jan, I love making stuff for the yard.  I have used wine boxes, baskets, commercial cake plastic caps, plastic bowls, and all sorts of plastic packaging, metal pans.  You can dig out a sand crevice and fill that. As far as imagination will take you.. My next casting will be a sphere and a small bird bath.

I can't do this when it is too cold so I only have a couple of more weeks to cast anything and then I'll have to stop when winter arrives in our area.
carmen

On Dec 18, 2012, at 8:18 AM, Jan Flood wrote:

 

These turned out very good Carmen, congratulations!  I love the flat ones that look like an old stone trough.  I took a bonsai class a couple of years ago and used a flat one for the base.  You can sink them into the ground a few inches and leave them awhile, even through the winter, for an old, earthy look and cure the lime out of them.  I've seen some big ones for sale at the farmer's market.  A friend made a wooden form to use as a mold that gives them an entirely different look.  Hoping DH will make me one - the pictures may have been on my old computer, if I find them I'll post them.  Oh - I found some very large plastic containers at the dollar store last year at the end of the summer for $1 each that made good molds.




__

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (34)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment