Cartoon Network

18 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Re: Tile ?...

 

Haha! Thanks Bill, but I am the "trim man" lol. I do all my own home repairs. My mom always said "If you want something done right you probably better off doing it yourself!" She was right of course! If I don't know how to do something I just get on the internet and look it up. Unless it involves connecting to the main electrical box and then of course I let the pros handle that! But my dad taught me quite a bit, enough to get me hooked on doing my own renovations and repairs! I think I was suppose to be a boy when I was born lol or maybe that's what dad was hoping for lol Any way, thanks for the info. If I have more questions I sure know where to go look for the answers! lol  Thanks again, Cheryl

--- On Mon, 12/17/12, OOWONBS@Netscape.net <OOWONBS@Netscape.net> wrote:

From: OOWONBS@Netscape.net <OOWONBS@Netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [DIY] Re: Tile ?...
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, December 17, 2012, 2:55 PM

 
    Posted by: "Angels" cy.collins  >Yes the flood in kitchen was a about 6yrs ago. 
I never thought about water getting under there.
When I redo the cabinets I'm caulking EVERYWHERE!!!!
Just to be sure! lol
Thanks again! Cheryl
Cabinets usually/often have trim around the bottom.
Caulk, even clear, would look crappy there.
So arrange timing such that you apply the
caulk before the trim goes on.
Gop it on even
slightly, and the trim won't fit nicely flush.

So either let the trim man install the trim almost
as you caulk, or do a nice job caulking...! This does
shrink a tad so it will be thinner than you apply. But
it's very elastic, so thin is ok, as long as there are
no holes in the bottom 1/2", and, you need not go
higher.


Like car engines, carbs, & trannies... Shingles, underlayment-felt,
drip-edges, gutters... or a body, things are all a system. All
Einstein was not dumb, but not so bright either. All he did was
think, and not watch football.
Common-TV is a robber of genius.
That or there are a LOTTA arm-chair geniuses, so they all
appear average... LOL! Think things out... What-If's.
Noone is smarter than you. Just relaxxx... & focus.

BillSF9c

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (28)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment