Cartoon Network

12 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Spam and my consistently leaking toilet!! help

 

>...but lets get back to serious business on why my toilet leaks when I put new was ring in and it still seeps out bottom...is there a way to replace that cast iron flange with an insert or something..


There are $2 &3 &4$ rings. I often get the heavieer as they tend to have more wax.

Also, you can reuse 80% of the wax that is there... just gently reform it.

There ARE new gadgets/adaptors that work with the flange you have.
They run $10-20. You need to be handy or a plumber to apply them.


I wonder if you are bolting the toilet down, so it doesn't rock
& break the wax seal? Trying to set a toilet with the tank on it,
in place, is a lil hard for a newbie.
Gotta be level, yet, schoosh
it onto place. LOL!

The wax is a bit messy so have a roll of paper towels handy.
Have the wax at room temp minimum. I toss mine (in the box)
on the dash for an hr.
(Maybe not, were I in Phoenix, AZ.)

BillSF9c

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment