Cartoon Network

17 December 2012

Re: [DIY] Tile ?...

 

Thank you! Again you are a wealth of info! Yes the flood in kitchen was a about 6yrs ago. I never thought about water getting under there. When I redo the cabinets I'm caulking EVERYWHERE!!!! Just to be sure! lol Thanks again! Cheryl

--- On Sun, 12/16/12, OOWONBS@Netscape.net <OOWONBS@Netscape.net> wrote:

From: OOWONBS@Netscape.net <OOWONBS@Netscape.net>
Subject: Re: [DIY] Tile ?...
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, December 16, 2012, 5:02 PM

 
Posted by: "Angels" cy.collins >Good point! Thanks! Wish that had been done around my dishwasher, sink, cabinets, etc. Had a flood due to old garbage disposal rusting out and separating from the sink. When the dishwasher ran into the garbage disposal the water went everywhere!!!

A cheap lil trick-
Sometimes I do a floor or an econo job for someone not well   off & see a poor undersink shelf. I ask if I can use a scrap   of floor linoleum there. Easy to clean - waterproof. Then I seal   the sides, & up, 1/2"+. These sometimes tilt so 1" can be   better at the back. Noone sees it. I use PAINTABLE clear.  Clear, if you don't paint. Paintable, in case they do, years later.
MOST Silicon Caulk, cannot be painted. A few new ones, maybe...
>Now I'm wondering if I could have mold under the cabinets?! Great! Just what I need! MOLD!!! I WAS just going to resurface the cabinets and get new doors.
>The cabinets were built 59years ago ON THE WALL by a carpenter, not the box type cabinets, so they are in (I think) good condition, but maybe I need to check for mold under them. How do I do that? Do I have to remove the cabinets? Any help appreciated.
I see no dif. A small board (or large) attaches (everything) to the wall. Remove these. (See below.)
***OTHERS? I do few of these and cannot see the item.
He likely used a wood that is not going to soak up water fast. I would not worry, much... Was the flood quite recent? If long ago, they have dried out ok, I thiMk.
An easy way to inspect is a $150 camera that has a 2 ft wand for inspection. Drill a hole INSIDE the cabinet and look.
BillSF9c

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (26)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment