Cartoon Network

16 December 2012

Re: [DIY]Left of center

 

Dale,
I love your posts (stories) *;) winking



From: Dale S <dalu@hbcomm.net>
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [DIY]Left of center

 
Well, I'm 77 and out here in my neck of the woods it meant a bit cock-eyed of goofy long before Left and Right politics became the popular language of the day.  When I was young we called them either Patriots or Traitors and there was not much room for question.  Conservative was applied to those who wished to keep the principles of the founding fathers and Liberals came to mean those who wished to throw the baby out with the bath water.  Since the days of my youth I have covered a good portion of the globe, lived on both coasts, and work with every type of iindividual you can imagine, but those are the terms I was raised with.

Dale in the Flatlands.
terry12572 wrote:
 
I'm 78 and I've never heard "left of center" used to mean anything but politically liberal.  I just did a Google search for the definition of the phrase and all the results were similar to this:

Adj. 1. left-of-center - believing in or supporting tenets of the political left
left - of or belonging to the political or intellectual left
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment