Cartoon Network

16 February 2013

[DIY] Re: Whole house surge protection

 


Hi, I live a in a rural area. For some reason our electric (from the electric company) surges. I wasn't aware how bad till I lost a microwave. A washer, and I am sure the refridgerator was affected too.
Not fun having to replace appliances like socks.
Yes our company wants money to put a whole house surge protector on our line.

If your lights wink and blink be careful. If you can get a protector for one time fee; it might be worth the peice of mind.

Also about 9 years ago, we had a storm up in Phx.az that was bad,
the cable line brought in the surge and fried the tv.
Nothing else but the tv was affected. Cable insisted it couldn't be there line.
Oh well I had to buy a new tv. Was greatful no one was in the room, nor watching it at the time.
It was right over head and never experienced a storm like that before or after. Lived in the same house for 27 years.
So again, if you can put one one. And its not a ton of money, it might be a good thing to have.

Joan

--- In DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Baldwin" wrote:
>
> Any thoughts if these whole house surge protection devices are worth it. Due
> to the fact I am upgrading my service, I thought I would look in to them. I
> am looking at the Square-D Electric Home Electronics Protective Device
> (HEPD) Model # HEPD80.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (10)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment