Cartoon Network

22 February 2013

Re: [DIY] Multiple lights, minimal travel

 

If you really get carried away, you can tie your computer to the x10 units and set up programs.  For example, I have a lot of things that happen at sunrise and sunset.  The computer keeps a table of these times and fires up as required.  But that is for later.  Starting up the x10 system is very easy and you can grow as needed.


On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Bob Davis <bob@wrobertdavis.com> wrote:


There is a standard for house control called X10 and there are all kinds of devices and controls that can be added without rewiring. My guess is that the items you found may use the X10 standard.  I have some X10 devices in my house and it all works flawlessly and as advertised.  With my setup, I have a universal TV remote that controls all my media gadgets and also controls my X10 lights so I can be the ultimate couch potato, dimming the lights, changing channels, etc. all from the couch.

 

From: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com [mailto:DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kathryn Berck
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 7:39 AM
To: DoIt_Yourself@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DIY] Multiple lights, minimal travel

 

 

I would like to be able to turn on all three of my house's exterior
lights at once, without having to trot from switch to switch, and
without having to re-wire the place. Ideally, I would also like to be
able to use a remote to turn all the lights on either from inside (wake
up because I heard a scary noise out there) or outside (coming home
after dark, don't want to trip over dog toys and darned if I can find
the keyhole).

Goggling around, I found this

http://www.gadgetshack.com/remote-control-lighting.html

and am wondering if anyone here has experience with such a device, and
an opinion on whether or not it would serve. The house is small, only a
maximum of 20 feet from switch to switch, although a wall or two intervene.

Kathryn






--
Jerry Google
Woodhaven, Mi

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment