Cartoon Network

26 February 2013

[DIY] sagging kitchen sink base cabinet front face

 

Due to my not wanting to deal with it, water seeping up through the
middle of my beautiful kitchen faucet kept pooling over on the left
side of the sink so long that it detached the silicone I had sealed
around the sink with, and softened the *particle board* sides of the
cabinet so much that the front wooden face (solid oak) of the cabinet
is noticeably lower on the left. I tried pushing it back up, but of
course it would not budge.

I'm imagining that I could detach the face somehow, push it up, slap
some plywood over against the inside wall of the stupid cabinet
(supported by the sturdy plywood floor that I already had to put on
there because of a different leak...), and attach the cabinet face to
that plywood -- with some kind of little angle hardware on the
inside?? I'm not worried about what it looks like on the inside.

Does that sound do-able? How is the cabinet-face probably attached to
that stupid particle board - glue? I'm kind of in a time crunch, don't
have time to have to make multiple stabs at it.

(I replaced the faucet with one that doesn't leak, and it's all almost
dry under there, now)

thanks
Joy

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment