Cartoon Network

21 February 2013

Re: [DIY] RE: Possums

 

I have a personal fear of these marsupials as I raise birds.>>>

Sarcocystosis

The gray creature slowly lumbers through the yard, its black eyes easily piercing night's cloak of darkness. This American marsupial, carrying babies in its pouch, seems harmless enough to the casual observer. Who would think that the lowly opossum is responsible for many hundreds of avian deaths every year? Of course, it does not kill birds through any violent act. No, it causes deaths in a much more insidious fashion.

The full article:  http://www.exoticpetvet.net/avian/sarcocystosis.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~


On Feb 20, 2013, at 12:30 PM, Jessica wrote:

 

I live in the city down here in Lake Charles, LA.  Possums are such a big problem here.  The lady next door set traps and has caught sooooo many.  The pound would come and take them and then put them to sleep.  My dogs have caught 1 large one few years back and played tug a war.  My boy dog has caught about 5 smaller ones and even brought 1 in the house.  I do not like to kill varmints but when they become a problem to us and the dogs, then I must do what I have too. 
 
Jessica


carmen stuart
Brightwood Aviary
Dawsonville, Ga.
770  889-0353

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (21)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment