Cartoon Network

22 February 2013

Re: [DIY] Multiple lights, minimal travel

 

I would not be afraid to try this system.  I saw on This Old House that you can now get LED bulbs with the remote receiver located right in the bulb but there was no mention of price as there never is.  The price doesn't look too bad either for the add on's as well.  Looks like you could have a couple located inside the house as well, and you might consider using LED's while you are at it.  While you are at it you can get a remote plug in and start the coffee from bed as well, now that makes more sense to me than the lights.  :-)

Dale in the Flatlands.
Kathryn Berck wrote:
 

I would like to be able to turn on all three of my house's exterior
lights at once, without having to trot from switch to switch, and
without having to re-wire the place. Ideally, I would also like to be
able to use a remote to turn all the lights on either from inside (wake
up because I heard a scary noise out there) or outside (coming home
after dark, don't want to trip over dog toys and darned if I can find
the keyhole).

Goggling around, I found this

http://www.gadgetshack.com/remote-control-lighting.html

and am wondering if anyone here has experience with such a device, and
an opinion on whether or not it would serve. The house is small, only a
maximum of 20 feet from switch to switch, although a wall or two intervene.

Kathryn


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
Please send decorating questions to Interior Motives List - to subscribe send an email to: Interior_Motives-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment